Product Management :: Product Marketing

04 March, 2014

6.7 million UK adults have never gone online

Office for National Statistics reports that 87% of the adult British public now has some internet experience, resulting in a total of 44.3 million users. This still leaves 13% or 6.7 million without the benefit.

Clearly, there's an age skew: 36% of adults aged over 75 and 69% for those aged 65-74 had been online.
And there's another skew - geographic: London, for instance, has the highest proportion of internet users at a total of 90%. In comparison, Northern Ireland, despite having the best coverage of superfast broadband in the UK, has the lowest with just 79%.